Thursday, March 6, 2008

Oreo is Dirtier than X-Tina

I usually have to leave my bathroom door open when I shower because Oreo just whines and claws at the bathroom door if I don't let him in. And when he's in, he has a tendency to sit by the bathtub and stick his head in to watch me shower. I thought that it'd be a good idea to use this to my advantage. I thought we could get clean together. Since he had his stitches removed yesterday, I decided to give him a bath. On my own. BAD IDEA.

I emptied a plastic container (bc I am too cheap to buy a bucket) and filled it up with warm/cool water. I carried him into the bathtub and sat in there with him. After pouring like 3 cups of water on him, he went crazy. He wouldn't stop barking and growling at me. He really hated me, and I thought he was seriously going to bite me. He somehow managed to jump out of the tub and it was just chaotic in that bathroom. He wouldn't stop running around and rubbing himself on my bathroom rugs. He usually loves the blow dryer (I blast it in his face whenever I blow dry my hair), but this time around, he wouldn't have any of it. It was pure hell. I'd definitely pay to get him professionally groomed, and I'd tip generously too. But he hasn't gotten his rabies shot yet, so I have to try to give him another bath this weekend. He seriously stinks. I read somewhere that I should put a towel on the floor of the tub and have a little bit of peanut butter on the wall of the tub so it'd keep him occupied while I bathe him. Also, I need to buy some cotton balls so I can stick them into his ears. Hopefully it won't be so bad this time around.

Oh, maybe I need to buy something like the Paws for Thought Booster Bath from Petco. It's like 200 dollars. Maybe not. Maybe I just need a friend who is willing to help. Any takers?

No comments: